STUDENTS’ Innovative Idea Generation COMPETITION
The millennials in India and globally are a dynamic group with their own set of ideas on various issues confronting contemporary society. Unfortunately, we have not been able to create a platform where such ideas could be shared, appreciated and incorporated into policy making.
In order to fill this lacuna, the Federation for World Academics (FWA) www.fwainternational.org is launching an event to provide a platform to students in the UG/PG programs in Arts & Sciences, Engineering, Management and Medicine to share their ideas on a specific topic/issue in a competitive format during the Asia-Pacific Summit on “Teaching-Learning Content & Process in APAC in Higher Education” on February 15, 2018 at hotel Le-Meridien, Janpath, New Delhi.
FWA is a platform where issues and challenges in higher education are deliberated upon by academicians, academic leaders, academic policy makers and industry leaders along with other stake holders so as to improve the world of academia to achieve its ideals. FWA also strives to advocate with the government and policy makers to create right policy environment for growth of accessible and quality academic excellence in the society.
WHY this Competition?
- Make students think beyond curriculum;
- Relate their learning with social issues and challenges;
- Generate innovative and creative solution to social issues;
- Develop and connect with an empathy for underprivileged;
- Relate their learning with practice;
- Put into use their creative and innovative capabilities.
“Education Process to build global citizens”
Format of competition:
- Competition is open to participation by students currently enrolled in full time UG/PG degree/diploma program in any recognized academic institution in India;
- It is a team competition/event with 3-4 students in each team;
- The member of the particular team should be from the same institution;
- Each team has to register for the competition by paying up 4,000/- as registration /participation FEE;
- Once registered, they have to write an original paper on the theme of the competition;
- The written submission should not exceed 4500 words written in Calibri font with 5 line spacing in font size 11;
- The written paper should be original in ideas providing bibliography with all references and it would be passed through plagiarism software to verify the originality;
- The written submission will be evaluated by JURY on specific parameter including originality of thoughts and innovative ideas.
- It is a TWO stage competition
Stage 1: Written Report/ Paper
Stage 2: ORAL Presentation before invited audience
- All written submissions will be evaluated by a eminent jury drawn from various fields of knowledge who would award marks to each competitive entry;
- Top 10 teams selected at stage 1 will be invited for ORAL presentation before an invited audience and expert panel at an event on February 15, 2018 at Hotel Le-Meridien, New Delhi;
- Each Presentation made over a specific duration will be followed by Q/A will be evaluated by a Jury whose decision will be final;
- TOP 3 teams decided on the basis of marks accrued from stage 1 and stage 2 will be awarded 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes on the same day;
- Each winning team will be given an award and a certificate;
- Each team that qualifies to participate in Stage 2 will be given a Certificate of Qualifying and the teams that fails to qualify for stage 2 shall be given a Certificate of Participation during the ceremony on February 15
LAST DATE OF PAPER SUBMISSION: February 05, 2018
- Prof (Dr.) George A Antony (7293729729 )
Chair-FWA South Region &
Dean- FISAT Business School,
- Dr. B B Das ( 9891115347 )
Chair- FWA North Region
- Shiv S Sharma ( 8800306519)
Secretary- FWA, New Delhi